we put a water-based polyurethane on all of the pine last night. some of the photos are from different days when we had been testing how it feels when someone is actually sitting in it. The second time around (we remade a few of the pieces) it was so comfortable we felt like it would be easy to fall asleep on.
The chair project is in its prototyping stage. Rachel Cohen-Murison and I tried a few joint types before we decided on dovetails. Luckily they are working great! We’ve tried the chair, altered a minor thing or two and now the prototype is super comfortable and the last thing to do for it is figure out how the fabric that will tie it all together goes on it. Wish us luck! We start the final chair on tuesday.
More photos of the prototype assembled to follow. :)
Last Friday, my classmate Amina and I got the opportunity to go see some beehives on a local farm.We are doing a studio project that combines an animal and a ‘space’ into some kind of experiential event. Amina and I have ‘bee’ and ‘vessel’ so we thought it was important to go see some.
They are such fascinating creatures!
I’m getting really excited for our installation and I will probably post some images and/or video of it after next week’s deadline.